TP-Link Archer C20 is a dual-band router with support for the newest wireless standard 802.11AC that supports eight data streams as compared to four streams in the older 802.11n standard. As a result, you get a faster speed of up to 733 Mbps.
You also get support for dual-band that is 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands that give you the flexibility of maximum area coverage in the 2.4GHz band and faster internet speeds in 5GHz.
The powerful antenna setup is ideal for small office and home office networks that need higher bandwidth and speed.
- Supports Dual-band network at 733 Mbps
- MU-MIMO technology for speedy performance
- Guest-mode for limited net access to guests
- Parental Control
- Security against unwanted network access
TP-Link Archer C20 AC750 Router Specifications and Features
TP-Link Archer C20 AC750 is one of the best wifi router under 1500 that supports the new 802.11AC standard. This standard supports antennas that can broadcast multiple independent data streams for faster internet speeds.
The router is backward compatible with 802.11N standard so you can use this router with your cable networks like Hathway, ACT, Tikona, Airtel Fibrenet, MyWorld, Nextra, Siti Cable, You Broadband, and Spectranet.
The router supports only the RJ45 connector which is used in cable broadband. So you can not use this router for DSL broadband connections.
You get support for 2.4Ghz and 5 GHz bands. At 2.4Ghz you get up to 300 Mbps and the 5Ghz band can have a speed up to 433 Mbps giving you a total of 733 Mbps of bandwidth simultaneously.
You can set up guest wifi networks for guests and friends so you don’t have to share your private network with them. Archer C20 AC750 supports guest networks for 2.4 GHz and 5GHz bands so your guests are not limited to slower speeds.
With parental control, you can block access to certain websites to make your internet kid safe. You also get support to control access to certain websites to specific hours in the day to limit the gadget usage of your kids.
IP-based bandwidth control lets you limit the bandwidth for certain devices. This will help you to avoid large automatic updates and downloads on certain devices that might lead to extra bills.
The router also protects your network from Denial of Service(DoS) attacks. You get an IP address and MAC address filter that lets you allow only known devices to connect to your network.
You get a one-touch WPA security encryption for your network with the WPS button. You can use this button to easily and securely add devices to your wireless network.
When you press the WPS button, the WPS LED indicator will turn solid from the flashing condition to indicate a successful connection. You can long press the WPS button for 5 seconds to disable the WiFi network.
If your requirement needs high-speed internet for multiple devices simultaneously, then the dual-band support comes in handy when streaming HD content, you can still be able to play online games without any fault.
The router does not slow down with multiple devices connected thanks to MU-MIMO technology-enabled antennas that can handle multiple data streams at once.
If you intend to use a 5GHz band for HD streaming and online gaming, you may experience connection drops if your devices are in other rooms. So it’s better to place the router near your high bandwidth devices.
Hardware and Buildup Quality
The design of the router has a different design with its prism-like texture with a slight curve on the top cover that looks stylish and blends well with your living room decor.
You get indicator LEDs lined up from one end to the other to indicate standby mode, internet connectivity, LAN port status, and power indications.
To the back, you get a power port, power on/off button, reset button, Wi-Fi/WPS button, a WAN port, and four LAN ports for wired connections.
The router has dimensions of 22.3(l) x 35.7(b) x 6.8(h) cm and 320 Grams
The three fixed omnidirectional antennas provide you with a stable connection and excellent signal coverage of 3 to 7 meters. In the 2.4 GHz band, you get a single bar drop after two walls. At 5GHz the range is limited to 4 meters with no walls in between.
The router can easily cover up to 3-bedroom homes.
TP-Link with the Archer C20 AC750 is available on Amazon in the range of 1500 INR.
Also read – Difference between Wifi and Broadband
Best Use case
- High Bandwidth Application: The router’s dual-band support is excellent for online gaming and high definition streaming in multiple devices at once.
- Faster Connection: If you live in an apartment, the 2.4 GHz band can get congested with neighboring networks that result in frequent drops. You can avoid this by switching to 5GHz for faster and reliable connection.
- Range: For large office spaces, the router gives an excellent range of 10 meters for stable connections.
What Could Be Better
- Setup Time: Initial setup time of the router is very long. So you might have to spend more time downloading the latest firmware for the router.
- Hangs after continuous use: If you don’t turn off the router when not in use, the router gradually becomes slower over a period of time. So, you need to restart the router every other day.
- Dual-band support
- Up to 733 Mbps speed
- Covers a 3-bedroom home
- Long setup time
- Require a restart if it seems slowed down
TP-Link Archer C20 AC750 router setup
In this section, we will see how to connect the tp-link archer c20 ac750 router
- Login to router: Open a browser in your computer and type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar. This will open the login page of the router. By default, ‘admin’ the user name and password to log into your router.
- Quick Setup: Soon after login, You are greeted with the front page that has a tab named “Quick Setup”. The following wizard will let you configure 2.4 and 5 GHz bands and set a unique SSID and password.
After this, you can connect your wireless devices to your network using the username and password.
If you are looking for a best-in-class router on a budget, then TP-Link Archer C20 C750 is a stylish, yet competent router that delivers more performance in this price segment.